Be a Banking Professional with a Difference
Be an AICB member
Membership with AICB provides individuals with recognition, support and opportunities for personal and professional growth. It is open to employees and former employees of financial institutions as well as other individuals who intend to pursue a career in banking.
Membership with the Institute consists of two categories, namely Individual Members and Corporate Members. Individual Members shall be designated as Affiliate, Associate, Chartered Banker, or Fellow, Chartered Banker.
Individuals who satisfy the requirements as set out in these regulations may apply for admission to the respective membership categories.
For more information on AICB Individual membership, please click
Upon completion of the relevant qualifications, Individual Members are entitled to use the following membership designations:
|Fellow, Chartered Banker||FCB*|
|Associate Chartered Banker||ACB, AICB|
*A Chartered Banker who has become a Fellow may use this designation.
Note: Pursuant to Bye-law 9 of the Institute’s Bye-laws, no person may apply for admission as an Associate Fellow after 20 April 2015.
An individual shall be eligible for admission to membership as an Affiliate if he/she:
- meets the entry requirements for any of the Institute’s qualifications; or
- has attended and successfully completed the ‘Introduction to Ethics in Banking’ training programme conducted by the Asian Banking School; or
- is an employee or a former employee of a financial institution, as well as an individual who intends to pursue a career in banking.
An individual shall be eligible for admission to membership as an Associate if he/she has passed any of the following examinations of the Institute:
- Professional Banker (PB)
- Retail Credit Professional (RCP)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — RCP (CVA – RCP)
- Business Credit Professional (BCP)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — BCP (CVA – BCP)
- Advanced Certification in AML/CFT (ACAML)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — ACAML (CVA – ACAML)
- Certified Professional in Financial Crime Compliance
- Bank Risk Management (BRM)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — BRM (CVA – BRM)
- Advanced Certification in Regulatory Compliance (ACRC)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — ACRC (CVA – ACRC)
- Certification for Bank Auditors (CBA)
- Competency Validation Assessment Level 2 — CBA (CVA – CBA)
- Prior Experience Conversion Programme (PEC)
- Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia Certificate (PKMC)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism Compliance Officer (CAMCO)
An individual shall be eligible for admission to membership as a Chartered Banker if he/she:
a. has successfully completed the Chartered Banker programme; or
b. is a qualified member of any Institute of bankers or equivalent bodies prescribed by the Council for this purpose.
Chartered Bankers of the Institute are required to maintain membership with both the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers and the Chartered Banker Institute, UK.
FELLOW, CHARTERED BANKER
A Chartered Banker may apply to become a Fellow if he/she:
a. has been a Member of the Institute for a continuous period of at least 7 years and has had a total of at least 15 years of banking experience, of which at least 5 years must be in a senior management capacity; and
b. has satisfied the Council as to his/her fitness to become a Fellow, by providing evidence of:
- practical experience such as testimonials from the employer; and
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities undertaken.
Members of the Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB) are required to pay an annual subscription fee appropriate to their membership status.
Information on AICB’s subscription rates and fee structure are stated below:
|MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES||FEES (RM)|
|Associate Chartered Banker||250|
|Fellow, Chartered Banker||350|
- For Chartered Banker and Fellow, Chartered Banker, the respective fees are inclusive of dual memberships with AICB and the Chartered Banker Institute, UK.
- The membership reduction fee of 50% is only applicable to qualified members who have retired as outlined in the regulations. For more details please click here.
- Please click here if you would like to make a fee payment or renew your membership.
- Note: All membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Individuals may apply for membership at any time during the year. However, if their aim is to enrol for a particular examination-based qualification, they should take into consideration the submission deadlines of the qualification and the examination schedules provided on the AICB website.
Applications for membership may be made online using the prescribed form, and submitted together with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copy of NRIC (for Malaysians) or passport (for foreigners)
- Certified copy of documents relating to academic qualifications
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Testimonial from employer on work experience.
Every individual, on applying for membership, shall give an undertaking that he/she will, if admitted, be bound by the Constitution, Bye-Laws and regulations of the Institute.
Payment of fees can be made online via credit card, debit card or GIRO/IBG funds transfer.